Thursday, April 11, 2013

SmArt Card Reward Day with Sonic!

It's at the end of the 9 weeks, which means it's reward time for those students who collected up to 15 SmArt Cards!! We have a Sonic literally next door to the school, it's even on the same lawn. Heck it should be considered part of our campus, it's THAT CLOSE. I'm not sure if the workers there were thrilled me ordering 130+ slushes. I called them 2 days ahead to let them know what I was doing so they would have time to plan out a system. I worked in food service before so I KNOW how absolutely nightmarish a large order like this can be if we don't prepare! I typed up all my kids orders with the times of their class and when I would like to have them done. Since I have Ms. Jessica in class I was able to leave and go pick them each up. THANK GOD FOR HER or else I would either have had to have a sub or get a disgruntled employee in school to watch my classes while I ran back and forth to get these!

I've never done so much running back and forth, I'm just so happy it was nice outside and not pouring down rain. Since I had so many kids get 15 cards, I asked if they would each pay for their own slush, which they were so understanding and willing. I asked them for $3 so it would be enough for their large slush and also have enough left over to give the workers at Sonic a generous tip. Overall, I was SO pleased at Sonic! They did a FANTASTIC job!!! And they were so gracious about their generous tip, always tip them!!!

To anybody wanting to do this in the future, make sure that your kids are aware of the fact that they will NOT be allowed to have these out in all their other classes. I had a few teachers who were upset because the kids brought them in their classes and spilled them. I lectured my class before they left that they better obey their next teacher's wishes and if they tell them they are not allowed to just go put them in their lockers. And if I hear constant complaints about them spilling and making messes everywhere we will not do them again. But then agian, there will *always* be complainers somewhere won't they? hehe...

As much work as it is, I love this system. If you are not finding ways to reward your good students, please, please do yourself and them a favor and find a way too. It gave me so many warm fuzzies inside when they gave me a hug and thanked me for their "slush". I just have to reply saying "No, thank YOU for being a great kid!"

No comments:

Post a Comment