Friday, April 5, 2013

Bottle Cap Painting- the beginning stages

This Monday Art Club will be putting together our bottle cap painting! This was originally going to be a mural but I just could not collect enough caps AND I couldn't quite find a spot that we could put a mural. I also had a hard time of coming up with exactly what our painting would be made of. I definitely wanted something art related. Starry Night is always a good go-to painting but it's been overdone. So I decided on another painting of Van Gogh- his olive trees!

Here is the image we will be duplicating...

And here is my sketch of the painting. I have 4 giant wood canvases I am going to divide it up into and maybe hot glue, or gorilla glue, the canvases together when the caps are installed. It will be interesting to see how we can obtain the famous textures of Van Gogh using caps.


My club is SO excited about this project! I can't wait till Monday!! :)

-Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment