Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Langford Farms has a new summer camp art teacher...

And it's me!!!! I'm so excited! Langford Farms is a recreational center in Old Hickory, which is about 10 mins from Hermitage. It's a massive barn that has been rennovated for recreational and summer programs. Their summer camps start the day school lets out so I will immediately be jumping in the day school finishes! I will be teaching 4-5 craft classes a day for grades K-5. It's been forever since I've been around the younger ones so I'm very excited to spend some time with them. I think it will be an overall great experience.

Each camp has a weekly theme and I am wanting to have at least two crafts each week that have to do with that particular theme. The themes include: Sports Central, Game Show Mania, Carnival, Lights Camera Action, COLOR WAR, Wild West, Laugh Out Loud and Wild War of Water.  Fun right?!!!

For the next several days I will be searching and searching art blogs and Pinterest for ideas. I already have several. Some of them would be-

Bubble Painting!














Book Making!




















For "Lights, Camera, Action" week, each student will be making their own microphones!















Paper footballs for Sports Mania week.














Mask Making for Carnival week.











Button mosaics.















If anybody has any tips or suggestions I am ALL ears!

Looks like it's going to be an exciting summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment