Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Art Club Bottle Cap Mosaic


After spending the entire school year collecting bottle caps, we have finally finished (well...almost finished) our bottle cap painting! This was inspired by Van Gogh's olive tree paintings, though it does not really look just like it like I had hoped. The kids absolutely loved making this. I couldn't find a super large canvas so I used four large square canvases we put together at the end. That turned out great because we got to divide up into groups and let a group work on a single canvas. I couldn't believe they got done in an hour!

I decided to hot glue the caps. When I did it myself it worked great, so I hope the kids put plenty of glue on them. We've already had a few fall off that we have had to reglue. But overall, I'm very happy with this project! I would love to do a large mural somewhere with bottle caps but we couldn't collect "quite" enough. I do have some saved aside for some smaller projects.



I absolutely can not wait to display this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment