Monday, February 4, 2013

6th Grade Pointillism Animals

Sadly I wasn't able to do this project with watercolor and Q-tips. So since they were to do it with markers, I gave them a much smaller drawing surface which I believe helped out tremendously. Nevertheless, this is a very challenging project and I was reminded of the different challenges of doing this project with markers. I am glad I made them buy their own markers for this project because a lot of them absolutely DESTROYED their supplies with tapping too hard. I tried my best to constantly remind them to be GENTLE and hold their markers like a marker and use their wrists, not their entire arm to make dots. I still love doing stippling because..

1.) It teaches them to take their time on art... you can not rush stippling and make it look good!

2.) It teaches them patience.

3.) IT KEEPS THEM BUSY!!!!! ---- What teacher does NOT like a project that keeps them quiet and busy!

Here are some of the great finished products!













Laterz!
-Mrs. G




No comments:

Post a Comment