Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Future projects for the semester...

I feel like I am in a creative rut. And it ALWAYS seems to happen during the spring semester. Anytime this occurs I try to indulge myself in research with different art ed blogs, websites, books, Pinterest, whatever I can find that I really like. I hate this sometimes because I don't want to ever get to where I just can not come up with my own ideas and projects for my kids. I know that teachers shouldn't feel bad taking stuff that others have done. That is kind of the beauty of our jobs, our success is meant to be shared but as someone who strives to be original, these ruts are hard....

NEVERTHELESS...

I have been finding some wonderful project ideas to do for this semester. So just in case you are curious as to what will be coming up in art class----

6th Grade.

Positive/Negative Space Object Drawings
Value Drawings


















Monochromatic Colored Trees


















7th Grade:

Lichtenstein Inspired Portraits
 
"Sweet Still Lives" Pop Art inspired paintings.... I am so pumped for this one!
And finally, a Chihuly chandelier! Courtesy of Mr. E at Tulip Grove Elementary. I can not WAIT for this project! It will be a group/class assignment.
Keep checking back to see our progress!!!

Mrs. G







No comments:

Post a Comment