Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Op Art Cubes

This week 7th Grade will be studying the art style of Op Art and their next project will be Op Art cubes. I found this on the ever-so-awesome Pinterest. I was so thrilled when I introduced this project they acted SO excited about it. We had to spend a day practicing drawing different designs on paper first since I am so limited on project paper. Oh my lanta they were upset. "WHAAAAT? We can't start on them NOW? :(((( " It's so nice seeing them get so excited about their projects! I'm currently working on creating templates for them to trace for the outline of their cube. We will draw on our templates, cut them out and assemble them last. I am a little nervous about the assembling part because it mostly reminds me of teaching origami and how CHAOTIC that experience has been in my life. They seem smart though. Hopefully they will get it without all the sweat and tears. 


Here are some other great examples I found online to give my students some inspiration. updates to come!




Laterz!!

-Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment