Monday, October 22, 2012

My new favorite art form-- zentangle art!

Being married to a graphic designer (and being a design junkie myself) I love art work that shows those influences. I have recently discovered a fantastic art form called zentangle art.

Zentangle is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being. The Zentangle method is enjoyed all over this world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages.

Lots of art teachers are doing these projects in class and I can not wait to share this with my students at MJMS. Not too sure which grade will be the lucky ones to first experience it though.... oh so many things to choose!

Here are some student zentangle art from various schools across the US. Can't wait to get started on this project at MJMS!


No comments:

Post a Comment