Thursday, October 25, 2012

8th Grade Overlapping Pipes

This is the project one of my 8th grade classes is currently finishing up so I don't have just TOO many pictures of them. It's called overlapping pipes, which is usually a shading project. The students draw pipe-like shapes overlapping one another and use shading techniques to bring out their objects and make them look realistic.

Usually, this is done with drawing pencils or charcoal. Since I am *still* waiting for my Dick Blick order supplies to come in, I decided to let them shade with colored pencils. Doesn't really get the contrast I want, but they really have enjoyed shading with color for once and not a "regular boring pencil" lol!

I got the lesson plan right here:
http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/high/high17.html




Laterz.

-Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment