Thursday, January 24, 2013

8th Grade Typography Characters


8th Grade started off their semester by studying graphic design. I am a lover of typography so I showed my classes some of these awesome examples of typography. They LOVED looking at them!

Their typography project involved them picking a character, draw the outline of them and using the color selection of their choice, fill in the character with colored letters. For this project in particular, they used the character's names. They turned out AWESOME. This will definitely be a project I continue to do every year. It's so easy, simple and they really enjoyed doing them. We did a smaller version as classwork (see the entries below) to get them the hang of the technique. As soon as they turned them in they asked "Can we do another one?!" Always wonderful to hear that from my kids! :)

Here are just a few that have been complete already.. There will be more to come as they finish them. Enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment